Friday, April 17, 2009

Simon Says?


Susan Boyle Sings on Britain's Got Talent 2009 Episode 1 @ Yahoo! Video

Finally ~ someone who can wipe that nasty smirk off Simon Cowell's face.

You've probably all seen her by now, but I thought I'd share this video as part of Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a video as part of this weekly extravaganza (the rules, please, Madam Chairman?), but this vid does involve images, so what the heck!

You probably already know the story, too. Susan Boyle, a 47-year-old, single lady from Scotland, who says she's never been kissed. I think she's been "saving" herself for just this moment!

And Simon's actually smiling. A genuine, honest-to-goodness, from-the-heart kinda smile. And he and the other judges look genuinely amazed. Hope it wasn't just staged for TV.

9 comments:

Aunt Julie said...

Not only does Susan Boyle have a great voice, she seems to have an even better personality! She has guts, pride and a real sense of who she is. I wish she lived next door! I'd love to be able to watch the British version of Idol to see more of her. She gives me goosebumps every time I see her!

CG said...

I saw this video on Good Morning America. She is fascinating! Hopefully she will now get that kiss! Stopping by from SITS!

Tracy P. said...

Seriously, I do not think those judges could have manufactured the looks on their faces--however it seems hard to believe that they had no idea. At any rate, SHE was certainly genuinely surprised!

Unknown said...

Isn't she incredible !!!

I posted about her on my blog the other day under the heading 'Why You Should Never Judge A Book By It's Cover' ...which sums it up exactly !!

When I was a very little girl, my Grandma told me to always look for the beauty within and that it is what that person is, that counts, not what they look like. Wise words..

soulbrush said...

you can't stage what simon does, he is a natural, nasty but nice! loved this....she must win...

human being said...

i loved this video... and her voice...

yes we shouldn't judge by appearance...

Michelle said...

I have somehow missed this story and unfortunately the video got stuck loading for me... but I can somehwat put two and two together. Innnnnteresting!

Marrdy said...

Simon actually sighs at one point. When we watch it here in the office it we all got teary eyed.

Corey~living and loving said...

I saw this video last week. I loved that it literally smacked that smug look off Simon's face. tee hee