Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: Spring Snowstorm

If you think snow isn't possible in April, think again. While I was visiting my peeps last week, we had a crazy, blowing, ice-snow mix that went on for a couple of hours. In April. The official Month of Spring.

Of course, last week's precipitation was just like spitting in the ocean compared to the Spring Storm of '96. Here are College Boy (holding the sign), Shark Boy (holding the baby) and Soccer Boy (in his warm and cuddly snowsuit) standing on Aunt Julie's back deck.

Yes, you read the sign correctly. Snow. On April 15th. Must have been a present from Uncle Sam, huh?

As Moker always says, "Wisconsin has two seasons: Nine months of winter, and three months of tough sledding!"

Participating in Angie's Wordful Wednesday. Come join the fun!

15 comments:

Rhonda said...

We had a blizzard here yesterday too! We finally got rid of the majority of snow and then it comes back again. It has been a long, painful winter!

Tracy P. said...

Awesome blast from the past! I don't specifically remember that one--but it's not a bit surprising!

Amy said...

Love the photo. It is so true about the snow. I think we are finally done. Now we just need the wind to stop a little bit and have some happy Rays.

Tulsi said...

We have had snow in the 4 th of July before. But my husband has only seen it once. I've just seen it and felt it icy cold on the forth.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

That's a lot of snow for April! Those are some cute boys there - and I just want to reach in and pet that little snow suit.

Pam said...

I am glad we are not having snow here!
I was just complaining about the cold, but guess I will jave to stop. : )

Anonymous said...

Spring is very wishy washy, isn't it? I remember one year my husband was grilling out in the snow for my daughter's birthday in May. :(

Brenda said...

From California its hard to believe its snowing on April 15th

Jen said...

I believe it. Sometime there is snow on my hubby's birthday and it is at the end of April. You just never know about the weather.

Mozi Esme said...

That is just so wrong!

Susie said...

That's about right!!

Vanessa Rogers said...

I am glad that isn't us!! I am so over winter!

Marrdy said...

We had snow this morning! Crazy.

Michelle said...

Yikes. I just keep looking at the calendar thinking we HAVE to be done with winter. Then I heard the forecast for Sunday. Ugh. Here's hoping you're done with snow until November at least!

Claremont First Ward said...

Snow just shouldn't be legal in April. Ever. :) It does look lovely though. :)