Sunday, June 22, 2008

Listen to Your Mother

I read in today's paper that College Campuses are Going Green throughout the country. Kids are moving beyond the Recycling & Organic Foods that they already know & are now getting credit for learning about how to better the environment, in venues ranging from classrooms to research projects. Variations on Environmental Science are now also becoming popular majors.


The campuses are Going Green as well. Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin, is building a Brand New Campus Center, keeping the environment in mind during the actual construction. The structure will adhere to the LEED Green Building Rating System, and the center will even have grass growing on the roof, to help with insulation and other enviro-friendly priorities.

Fears of climate change & high gas prices, of course, are driving a lot of this national movement toward Going Green. I can say from my experience that it's about time! Saudi Arabia's oil ministers are meeting this weekend to talk about worldwide energy prices. Do you think they have my family's health or my pocketbook in mind?

3 comments:

The Jillybean said...

Things are really looking great around here!

The Jillybean said...

Hey Veggie Mom, thanks for stopping by, I guess we were visiting at the same time. E-mail me sometime and we will talk about that Brother-In-Law of yours...just kidding. If you need anything let me know, will be glad to help.

Aunt Julie said...

Jilly: Thanks for visiting & for the offer of help. I'll take you up on that offer sometime.