Unless you've been living under a glacier (assuming you can find one big enough--poor dears!) at the South Pole, you've heard about the Deadly Tomato Salmonella Outbreak. OK, a tomato is a fruit, but Veggie Mom feels a close kinship with the juicy red critters. My kids are real tomato afficionados, too. It just breaks their Tomato-Pickin' Hearts that Mom's not acquiring these tasty treats on her bi-weekly jaunts to Ye Local Grocery Store.
- Try Cinammon Pop'rs on applesauce.
- Sprinkle Color Burst on any flavor of yogurt.
- Chocolate's a super flavor on top of pudding.
- Introduce Strawberry to your kiddos' cereal in the morning.
- Raspberry is a treat with yogurt & ice cream.
- Corn & other veggies take well to Butter.
- Taco can't be beat on mashed potatoes.
- Buffalo (as in the seasoning used on wings) goes hand-in-hand with brocolli & its kindred spirits.