Tuesday, July 7, 2009

From BIG dogs to little birds...

Many of you are already familiar with me, Aunt Julie. For the others, welcome. I have four boys; I love dogs, pelicans, quilts, flowers and girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes...(I used to like The Sound of Music, but now it's just down to still thinking Christopher Plummer was gorgeous back then! ) Anyway...

Oh, better put photography on that short list! These are pictures I took of the hummers last summer. I put nectar out this year, and had them again for a week or two, then nothing. Maybe they were sitting on eggs. But it's been weeks!

The feeders are all cleaned out, and filled again. Will let you know if they come back to eat. I would usually get up about 5:30, have coffee and sit and wait. It was never too long a wait, either. I miss them. Seeing a hummer was always a nice way to start the day. Til they return, I found these photos. Just makes me want them back all the more. They are little miracles!

10 comments:

Aunt Julie said...

Well, we didn't have to wait long to have our first hummmer sighting. An hour after the feeder went up, there he was. I made him a promise to keep the feeder tended til fall, for both of us.
What delightful little creatures!

Susie said...

You would get along great with my in-laws! They love to enjoy the Wisconsin wild life in their backyard too:-)

Marrdy said...

I miss living in my old house. We always had hummingbirds! Guess I just need to plant some of the right plants. Hubby would never stand for a feeder....too messy!

MOO said...

Really love these shots! We try to attract hummingbirds, but don't see many...

Melissa B. said...

I have to echo freegal's sentiments. My neighbor gets a whole herd o' hummers every summer. Me? Zippo! Must not be sweet enough, huh?

Heather said...

we just put up our first hummingbird feeder last week. we have yet to see them at the feeder, but we do see them around the house randomly. can't wait til they come to the feeders daily...i love them!

B said...

Grat pics! I miss hummers - we don't get them in England but had quite a few visit us in our garden in Canada. Thanks for stopping by my place.

The Blonde Duck said...

We have a little hummingbird feeder! One has breakfast with me every morning.

Thanks for the love on my SITS day! Hope you come back to the Pond!

Michelle said...

Oh that is so cool. I love that photo, and they are such neat birds. Can you hear them from where you're sitting, too, or just see them?

Mrs4444 said...

That's interesting, because our hummingbirds stopped coming this week, too. Hmmmm.

And I agree; CP was a hottie!