Saturday, July 4, 2009

SWS: Photo hunt comes up empty...almost

Don't you hate it when that happens?

I had the cutest photo for today...one of the kids (#3?) in a stroller, in the park, with Uncle Sam.

He was clutching a flag, (the child, not U.S.) and looking quite concerned about the extravagantly dressed stranger leaning into him. He had on a white sailor hat, and...

...it was Americana, all the way!

Well, my two-hour photo hunt did not end with finding the fondly remembered snap, but I did have fun going through years of memories... Maybe the child (#3?) will be off work today, and we can stage it again. Do you think I can get him to put on a white sailor hat, clutch a flag , and look up at Uncle Sam in that same way he did when he was 2? After all, that was 19 years ago. Funny~to his mom, it seems like yesterday...

Happy 4th of July from the Poprs Family! My Six Words are brought to you courtesy of Cate at Show My Face.

9 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Happy 4th to everyone in the POPrs Family! Funny how those Superior Snaps just disappear, huh? Or, in my case, it's my memory that's going...I just don't know where I stored the snaps for "safe keeping."

Sarah said...

Hope you enjoy your fourth of july. i hate it when i'm looking for something and can't find it. i get obsessive and turn the house upside down till i find it. but looking through pictures is awesome :)

Marina@EBMR said...

Just watch..I'm sure youll find it tomorrow...then save it in a super safe place till next year ;>

PS. Stopping by from SITS.
4 fabulous giveaways@http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/

Susie said...

That's a great Independence Day picture! Have a anwesome holiday this year!

monica said...

Awesome picture! Havea great 4th! Stopping in from SWS!

Unknown said...

cute pic!

i had a springer spaniel growing up...you just totally gave ME a flashback;)

andy:)

Call Me Cate said...

Bummer you couldn't find it - but the one you did share is nice as well!

Thanks for playing along!

Michelle said...

You know you'll find that picture as soon as you forget about it and stop looking for it. You'll have to put it up when you get it now that you've talked about it. Happy Fourth!

Lindy said...

The picture will be in the last place you look for it. I hate it when I can't find that certain picture (especially when I just saw it the day before.) The one you posted is great though. Love the little guy flashin' the peace sign. Good lookin' guys and pups! Happy SWS!