Monday, July 20, 2009

Loony Tunes?

No, not Looney. Loony.

Uncle Lynn and I woke up and looked around the other day. The two oldest boys had just moved out, and are now sharing an apartment. College Boy is in Chicago for a few days. And we just dropped the youngest off at camp. We were alone! With dogs, but otherwise, alone.

So we found a cabin in the North Wisconsin Woods that welcomes dogs, and we are off. Hope the weather is good. We are going to the Loon capital of the world. Mercer, WI.

Have you ever heard the cry of a loon? Sooooooooo wonderful. These are what we'll be looking for...


And this...

...is NOT what we want to find!

Though it would be kinda cool.

Will let you know how the time away goes! Will Rowdy be a good houseguest? Will he swim after loons? Can he sit still in a canoe? Can I sleep in a cabin with Snore Boy all night? Will we get out of there...

...ALIVE?

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Enjoy!!! Although I have to tell you that loons at 6:00 in the morning are NOT happy sounds. lol

Susie said...

Have a GREAT time:-) We are hitting the road on Thursday for Ohio:-)

Gigi said...

Stopping by from SITS. Have a great trip! Yeah. Don't meet any bears, please. Yikes.

Michelle said...

Oh how fun! I miss going up north and hearing the loons. I'm guessing that Rowdy won't be a good sit still in the canoe dog if they're around though ;)

Marrdy said...

How fun! I hope you see a bear. Last time I saw a real life bear was in Yellowstone probably 1966!

Melissa B. said...

Have tons of fun Up Nort! I love the Loony Tunes, which can only be heard in the woods, on a lake, when all else is quiet and serene...

JennyMac said...

Have a great trip...and hopefully the loons like to sleep in.

Tracy P. said...

Loons on the lake. Perfect! I've met my bears, too, and lived to tell about it. (And I do tell about it, trust me.)