Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pancakes-With a Secret Ingredient



I got this recipe from Katie, my new neighbor. She's a young Mom, with two little kids. Her son, Joey, is the cutest little boy ever. He helps her make these pancakes every Saturday.

The recipe is from Joey's Grandma. And come to find out that Grandma and Uncle Lynn's mom were close friends! Small world. Katie is interested in getting her kids to eat well, and these pancakes have a little something extra in them. Soccer Boy gives them two thumbs up!


Joey's Grandma's Pancakes

1 1/2 cup oatmeal (quick)
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

Let the batter sit 5-10 minutes before making pancakes.

To make your own buttermilk:

use 1 Tbsp. vinegar for every 1 cup of milk.
Stir well and let sit 5 minutes.

And since blueberries are at their peak now, put some fresh blueberries in the batter too!

For perfect pancakes, flip them when they are full of bubbles on the top. And only flip once.

ENJOY!

7 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

I think I'm going to try these for breakfast today...I add nutmeg to my pancakes to give them that Eggnog essence!
Sandi

Melissa said...

Those look and sound yummy!

Melissa B. said...

Sounds like we might have to be making these at the beach, oui?

Marrdy said...

I'm not such of a pancake girl but I could go for these in the form of a waffle!! Love blueberries!

Susie said...

Those look delicious!!

Anonymous said...

Those look happy.
mmm
happy tasty panckakes!

Michelle said...

Mmmm yum! I've never done oatmeal in pancakes. You don't grind them up or anything? I'm intrigued!