Monday, July 6, 2009

The Time Has Come to Pass the Torch...


...well, not necessarily to a new generation, but to a new blogger, nonetheless.

Please welcome Aunt Julie to the blogosphere, as she takes the helm of Eat Your Veggies!

In the past year, I've written in this space before about The POPrs Family, about blogging, about the love of my life, the thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat. We've been blogging buddies for more than a year; 376 different posts, ranging from the Joy of POPrs to the Joy of Dogs Running on a Beach.

When I first started this enterprise, my goals were blurry, unfocused. But I can see clearly now.

Eat Your Veggies! is about family. It's about readers. It's about a blogging community that dares to share and benefits so much from the journey we all take together.

As the months have grown into a full year-plus of blogging, I've learned so much. About me, about my expectations. About my limits.

It's time for Veggie Mom to move on. But this blog is gonna stick around. I have a woman waiting in the wings who is more than ready to continue this journey with you, our readers.

You've met Aunt Julie before. She's my SIL. She's married to Uncle Lynn, and has four boys. Together, with my family thrown in for flavor, we constitute The POPrs Family.

Julie's already made her mark on the blogging world. She guest-posted last fall about College Boy and College Life. She's given us soooooooo many great recipes, which have all been compiled into Aunt Julie's Kitchen. And she's the gal one reader referred to as The Quilt Lady. That's why we continue to feature Aunt Julie's quilting creations.

And Aunt Julie's been the author of the last three posts (before this farewell) at this site. The sweet salute to my girls; the misplaced photo of a little boy on the 4th of July; the gargantuan Nelson, with a giant's heart and a fierce loyalty that was 10 times larger than his mammoth melon head.

None of the wonderful content will change as Eat Your Veggies! graduates to a new hostess. We'll still host awesome POPrs Giveaways. We'll still feature family, food and fun. We'll still complain and kvetch about the little things in life, which make everything so improbable, and at the same time totally possible.

Please give Aunt Julie a little bloggy love. I'll still be here as a guest-blogger, on occasion, to liven things up a bit. Until we meet again, my thanks to everyone out there, for the sweet, sweet ride.

23 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Wow!!! That is a big piece of news! Welcome to you, Aunt Julie, and hugs to you, Veggie Mom!! Congratulations on a wonderful year. Glad we can still keep up with the Pop'rs family!

Aunt Julie said...

Thanks, Veggie Mom. Nicely done.
Rant? You said I can RANT?
Great! Because I feel a rant coming on...Stay tuned.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Well I was just thinking how blogging should be optional in the summer (and maybe I've taken a partial hiatus myself). You've been posting away here for quite a long time, Veggie Mom, and you've been consistent - which is a hard thing to do. Enjoy your bloggy retirement and come back to visit, now!

Welcome, Aunt Julie. May you enjoy your new position here. :) It's nice to have you.

Queenie Jeannie said...

So sorry to see you go!! I'm glad you are keeping the blog though and look forward to *meeting* Aunt Julie! Take care and best wishes to the whole POPr Family!!

Genny said...

My best to you, Veggie Mom! Enjoy your new activities, whatever they may be!

And a big welcome, Aunt Julie! Thanks for popping by today. Feel free to come on back and leave your link (no post required), so more people can come and find you here. :)

Veronica said...

Good luck to you Veggie Mom whatever path you choose next! And good luck to you Aunt Julie!

Lynda said...

We're going to miss you, Veggie Mom!

Mrs4444 said...

Enjoy your hiatus, Veggie Mom! We'll hold the fort down :)

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you both on your new ventures, if one of them includes going to the beach--I may be following!! ☺

Claremont First Ward said...

Sounds like you couldn't have passed the torch on to a better person.

You are going to be so missed though, Veggie mom!

Unknown said...

veggie mom, i will miss you and your pop'r stories... i hope you are moving on to happy things... and that you will stop in occasionally and say hello... xox.... annie

Robin said...

You will be greatly missed Veggie Mom...and we look forward to your guest appearances. BTW....Congratulations on your year of hosting this fab blog!
As for you Aunt Julie.....I can't think of a better person to take over.

Oh and....I will be posting soon about the POPrs that I won.....photos to be included. :-)
We are still in the process of trying them all out on everything from potatoes to popcorn, oatmeal to broccoli. Need I say we are having a blast? :-)

Take care Veggie Mom and welcome Aunt Julie.

Hope you and yours all had a beautiful weekend.

Aunt Julie said...

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. Can't wait to hear from Robin about the Poprs! We love 'em and hope you do too.

Teri said...

Hi to you Aunt Julie. and I can't believe you aren't gonna be here anymore, Veggie Mom! Have a great summer and beyond. :-)

Michelle said...

Good bye, Veggie Mom -- enjoy the non bloggy life! And tell Aunt Julie that she needs to provide a monthly update on what you're doing :)

I'll be interested to see what Aunt Julie does because ... she does so much so often!

Muthering Heights said...

It was great to get to know you a bit Veggie Mom...best wishes with everything! :)

Marrdy said...

First of all welcome to Aunt Julie. It will be nice to meet the talented woman behind all this cool stuff. This should really be fun/

AND

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Veggie Mom, what we will do without you?? Please tell me you're going to start another blog so we can keep track of you!

Anonymous said...

Curtsy and welcome Aunt Julie, we'll all get along fabulously I'm sure. It will be interesting to see how things evolve, because that's what life seems to do..

But I don't want you to go Veggie Mom. You were one of my first bloggy pals :( , it's a sad kinda day but I wish you all the best dear friend.

Susie said...

Thanks Veggie Mom for everything! I look forward to you peaking around every now and then.

Welcome Aunt Julie! I hope you have a long a great run here:-)

Ronda's Rants said...

Veggie Mom...I will miss you...
I have a cute video stuck in a computer lap top of my sweet grand children discovering Popr's for the first time...we have experts working on it to retrieve it!
Thanks for a year of fun!
You need to still do a monthly post...God bless you in all you do!
Welcome, Aunt Julie...enjoy blogland...it's fun!

Corey~living and loving said...

WElcome to Aunt Julie, and thanks for coming by my blog.

I'm so sad to see you go, Veggie Mom. Your constant support of my photography really meant a lot.

I wish you well.

Brandy said...

VM - sorry to see you go, but at least you'll be back sometimes. Welcome Auntie!

Deanna said...

Veggie Mom, I am just getting back into town from a trip but I had to come and visit and tell you how much I have enjoyed getting to know you. Without you I would have never discovered the joy of Pop'rs! Our family truly loves them.

Aunt Juli, welcome! I feel like I already know you and consider you a friend because of Veggie Mom.