Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekly Winners: Spring Has Sprung!

And so has my back! The first really long stretch of decent, sunny weather means flowers are flocking to my beds, so I have to make them cozy.

Ended up hauling 17 bags of mulch yesterday, and I still didn't have enough! But the true advent of Spring means that I can think about putting this sucker away...


Don't know if you can see in the reflection and the blinding sunlight, but that's an ice scraper in the backseat. Just in case. Now, you Dear Readers who have stuck with me all these months know that I just love to indulge in a pedicure now and again...

But Spring really means that my piggies are going into Serious Dirt Farmer Mode for the time being!

Weekly Winners are brought to you throughout the blogosphere every Sunday by Sarcastic Mom.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I didn't use very fancy equipment to acquire these shots. Try a Nikon CoolPix 4600, 4.0 Megapixels, 3x Zoom. The Wild One took her fancy photo equipment to college with her. She's the Artiste in the family, butofcourse!

***********

This just in: Veggie Mom has taken pen (computer keyboard) in hand to enter Scribbit's April Write-Away Contest. You should, too!


13 comments:

Tara R. said...

Love the mulch. I need to get my own truck load for the yard.

The tootsie photo is funny. Have fun digging into farm mode.

Melissa B. said...

I sooooooooo Feel Your Pain! PS: Please make sure to come over & Share the Caption Love for Sx3 today!

tiarastantrums said...

oh I am so going for a pedi this afternoon!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Nice pedicure. I gave myself one yesterday

Mrs4444 said...

Well, Mothers Day is right around the corner....ask for a fancy camera AND a pedicure! in the meantime, you're doing great.

Wait a minute! Bare feet?! In green grass?! I'm jealous!

Smoochiefrog said...

I'm glad to have no use for the ice scraper anymore either. :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Nice pedicure. Like the color.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Great shots - for the record I won't pack my sons' winter coats away just yet either. That would for SURE jinx us to get more snow!

Tracy P. said...

17 bags of mulch!!! We will be looking forward to some serious garden photos soon!

tiff said...

I had a pedi (my first) a few weeks ago...

Great photos. Love the stories behind them.

Unknown said...

Spring just hold such promise doesn't it?

Marrdy said...

It is beautiful here finally. Can't wait to get out in the dirt myself. Your nails look fine to me!

Michelle said...

I so need to mulch... and plant my strawberries. But first it needs to stop raining here!! Someday, I hope. Love the new piggies.