Monday, August 3, 2009

Wastin' away again in Margaritaville

Well, it's about 10:00 on a Monday night, and I've had too many of these ...


...to write anything coherent any more tonight!

Hey, that's pretty good. Bedtime here has been 9:30 most nights!

My son will be going back to college in a few weeks, right after my beach trip, so we took him and his very nice girlfriend to dinner at a new Mexican restaurant in town.

Our waitress was Ayrica, our old babysitter. We haven't seen her for years, so there was a lot of catching up to do. "Oh my God! Ayrica! When did you move back?" "How's your mom?" "and Travis. What is he doing now?" "Remember the block parties we used to have?"

"Try the peach margarita. They're my favorite..." and pretty soon, it's late, we're stuffed and all caught up. Now I just need someone to tuck me in!

Why is it that everytime I eat out, on the walk to the car, I have buyer's (eater's) remorse?

I'd rather have the cash back, and the belly full of Tex-Mex wouldn't keep me up, either. Not to mention the margaritas! Peach were good, mango even better. But we had fun, and I can always turn over that leaf from yesterday again tomorrow! See yesterday's post about Jamie Lee Curtis and me.

Dieting reminds me of the old line about quitting smoking. "Quitting smoking is easy. I do it just about every day." And one my Dad used to say. "A hundred years from now, it won't matter."

And of course, there's a country music lyric that fits...

"I gave up smokin', drinkin' and women last night. And it was the worst fifteen minutes of my life."

See you in the morning. I'll make coffee.

5 comments:

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Glad you had an enjoyable night. I hope you had a drink for me!

Tania (via SITS)

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Cute post. I know that feeling of eater's remorse. It happens to me when I go out for Mexican too!

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words.

Melissa B. said...

Awwwwwww...how come I wasn't invited to the Tex-Mex partay? I could have been included virtually, at any rate!

Susie said...

Sounds like the kind of night I wanted to have:-)

Marrdy said...

What fun running into an old friend! Sounds like you're having some fun!