Sunday, August 16, 2009

WILD on the beach!

FYI: Voting has opened in the Mommy Blog of the Year Contest. Vote for Veggie Mom and Aunt Julie...Pretty please? Thanks!

I'm back from my beach vacation, and am slowly getting back into the swing of things. Today, I must have done 14 loads of laundry! The little black skimmer isn't the only wildlife we saw on the beach. Check out these photos...




Guess the Keep Off the Dune sign only applies to you if you can read!

My niece, The Wild One, and I took a jeep tour of the northern beaches, north of Corolla, in hopes of getting a glimpse of the wild Spanish mustangs. We were successful, as you can see. In all the years of going to the Outer Banks, I can't believe we hadn't done this before. We had a ball! I get excited at home when I see a deer in my neighborhood. Just imagine seeing a wild horse.

More about them another day. Gotta "hit the hay," as my horsey friends would say. It's way past my bedtime.

Thanks for all the book suggestions, too. I'll be letting you know what I ended up with.

8 comments:

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today! What a great set of photos and the horse rolling around in the sand? What a riot!

Have a great day!

Susie said...

Those are great shots!!

Michelle said...

That is SO cool. I want to go. If only you got to play with the pretty horses, too. I could spend hours watching them.

Julie said...

Beautiful pics! Those look like some happy horses :)

The Redhead Riter said...

Wow...beautiful horses and great pics.

Congrats on the nomination!

Unknown said...

Wow. I had no idea there were wild horses...they are wild right? That is crazy!

countryfriedmama said...

Those pictures are amazing!

RebeccaMom said...

I've always wanted to go see the wild horses. i've been to OBX, but never got to see the horses. it's on my to do someday list!