Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: Mommy Recess

Recent research shows that recess is good for our kids. That's a big "duh" now, I think. In fact, I think we can extrapolate those findings and apply them to Mommies, too.

While exploring the Web for "adult beverage" recipes, I came upon this site. It features "Momtinis" in various incarnations and flavors. Here's one that just might be What the Doctor Ordered:

Pudding Shots (c/o Squidoo)

Basic recipe:
1 (3 1/2-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vodka
1/2 cup Irish cream
8 ounces Extra Cool Whip

Directions:
1. Mix pudding and milk until well-blended.
2. Add vodka and Irish cream, mix well.
3. Fold in Cool Whip.
4. Divide into individual servings.
5. Keep in freezer.

Squidoo suggests you could use Kahlua with the Irish Cream (or instead of). Also, Chambord with cheesecake pudding, or root beer schnapps with vanilla pudding?

I suggest garnishing this particular "Momtini" with one of the sweet-flavored Pop'rs. I'm thinking this just might be the ticket to a fun Mom's Night In when Dad is On Duty...send them to a movie and Chuck E. Cheese, while you and The Ladies "indulge."

I'm adding this recipe to Aunt Julie's Kitchen. If anyone think of any variations, please let me know. Playing along today with Angie and her Wordful Wednesday. Time to get loose!

11 comments:

Susie said...

That is a useful site!! And the possibilities are endless. I am thinking butterscotch pudding and Godiva chocolate liquor or chocolate pudding with butterscotch schapps. That's just off the top of my head. Great recipe!!

Unknown said...

wow these sound delicious!!!! do poprs mix with booze?? ;)

Anonymous said...

Pudding shots? This is intriguing!

Simply AnonyMom said...

That sounds yummy.

Lynda said...

Well, we need adult beverages, too ;-)

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh! I gave up sweets for Lent! Do these count as sweets??????

MammaDucky said...

I'm regretting opening this now! Man, how have I not thought of this before?!

Sandi McBride said...

Grandma's need naps too! I'll take my Irish Cream in my coffee tho...hold the pudding
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Poprs, the sweet flavors, make great rimming material! Dip the rim of the glass into a tiny bit of Karo syrup, then the Poprs, and
that's it. Sweet, fruity & popping! Check it out.

Claremont First Ward said...

Sounds like you can make any drink POP with poprs! :)

Michelle said...

OMG I love this idea. I actually started running through the list to see what we have in house and can't make it at the moment... debating sending the husband out for pudding and Cool Whip (yeah, alcohol no problem). Hmmm. Have you tried it yet?