Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bleacher Booty?

Veggie Mom and Eat Your Veggies! are on the road this weekend in Iowa for the Midwest Conference Swimming Championships at Grinnell College.

Larry U. is making a great showing this year, but the parentals of team members are suffering from paralysis of the derrière...also known as Bleacher Booty. Yes, College Girl and The Wild One are working hard, but Mom wonders if there are any benefits to precariously perching up to seven hours a day on crowded carpeted blocks, hovering over a chlorinated sauna.

Ah, the woes of a Swimming Mom. But we're having oodles of fun, too. Plus, it's great to see My Girls!

The team eats pasta twice a day to keep fueled for the competition. So do the parents, but they're not doing much but sitting around. Hmmmmm...probably need to get back in the pool myself when I get home!

8 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Hey.....mind if I follow? My Prince and I have an organic veggie farm. It's still small but growing. Please send me the info on how to get poprs.....I'm interested in carrying it in my place ;)
Please visit me at my blog. Every hit generates a small donation to our local Humane Society. We are trying to build a "No-Kill" shelter. Don't forget to send me Uncle Lynn's info....thanks and...

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Sandi McBride said...

Have fun at the meet and pass the poprs!
Sandi

Tara R. said...

I'm loving the Viking helmet on that one team member. I hope he takes it off to swim. HA!

Susie said...

I hope they do good at the meet and that you are able to shake your bleacher booty soon:-)

Michelle said...

Good luck! And mmmm pasta twice a day. Yum. I want some, too!

Just Lisa said...

I love your new layout! Beautiful!

Don't eat too much pasta!

Tracy P. said...

Whoa!! Lookin' good over here. My mom had bleacher booty--but I was the one with hair the color of your new background and smellin' like chlorine. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Marrdy said...

Yummmm...pasta!