Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Good Life

Aunt Julie shared an e-mail with me that's going around, called "Thoughts for 2009." Not sure where it originated, but the communiqué consists of inspirational photos and sayings. The above tandem struck me as being particularly encouraging for a cold Saturday morning in February.

I'm encouraged for a number of reasons. Our health is good~well, except for the Killer Cold I seem to have come down with! The sun is rising earlier in the morning and setting later in the evening. We might not have much, but we have each other. I visited a friend's blog the other day, and she had posted photos of the first crocuses and daffodils trying to make a valient effort to push through the dead leaves and the frost of the Winter of 08-09. Could the day lilies be far behind?

When you get lemons, make lemonade. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

12 comments:

betty-NZ said...

I hear ya, veggie mom. If we can think of what we do have instead of what we think we should have, we'd find we have much to be thankful for.

Unknown said...

you are so right... and truly, bulbs? starting to show? oh my oh my... spring IS coming!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My little daffodils are valiantly trying to come up...that's a sure sign that Spring is on it's way!!!

Melissa B. said...

I just want Summer to get here, already!

Anonymous said...

I don't want winter to leave.
BUT, I am grateful that I live where there are seasons of change.

A friend once told me, "Every day may not be good but there is good in every day."

Sandi McBride said...

My daffodils are up, not yet blooming, my crocuses are no where to be seen yet and my snowdrops are bloomed and done...hurry Spring, hurry!
Sandi

Tara R. said...

This is funny... I wrote about getting out to do my spring planting this morning. It's warming up nicely in Florida. My azaleas are out and the jasmine is budding. Ahhhh!

Unknown said...

Love the quote on the pic...how true is that!
Hope you are enjoying your saturday

Rhea said...

Inspiration signs and emails and pictures can be so corny, but usually, they're amazing. And worth taking the time to read. :o)

Michelle said...

That's the attitude I need for a February day! I did actually notice this evening that the sun was out a little later than normal. Thanks :)

Susie said...

That's a great and healthy way to look at things. I need an outlook adjustment today:-)

Marrdy said...

We have pansies coming up in our garden. Spring is just around the corner. Of course it helps that it's almost 60 in Utah.