Monday, February 2, 2009

Veggie Mom~and Pop'rs~Exclusive!

Editor's Note: Before we start Today's Post, I'd like to ask you to help do a Bloggy Friend a favor. Mr. Fairway, Hubz to my friend Melissa B., is a finalist in the 2009 Bloggies. Please Click Here to vote for Mr. Fairway's Golf Blog as Best Sports Blog!

OK, I know...I'm supposed to pay homage to The Great Ground Hog today. Well, I. Just. Can't. Do. It. Especially since I just know that he's gonna see his shadow today and run back in his burrow...which, of course, means Six More Weeks of Winter!

Instead, I'd like to be a little more upbeat, and highlight one of Uncle Lynn's new Pop'rs Pals. In fact, Kathleen, of Katydid and Kid won a recent Pop'rs Giveaway! And yes, that's one of Kathleen's Yogurt Parfaits, with Stawberry Pop'rs on top. Rush on over there Right Now, and ask her for the recipe!

Anyway, Kathleen hosts a Featured Blogger every Friday, and guess who was up last week? Why, Veggie Mom, of course! Click Here to get the full scoop.

Kathleen asked some Probing Pop'rs Questions, and was quite the investigative reporter. So, we wanted to reprint those, along with Veggie's Awesome Answers. Right Here. Right Now. So sit back, relax, and consider yourself entertained!

Kathleen: What is your blog about?
Veggie: It’s about the health of the whole family…as the blog subtitle says, “Food, Family and Fun.” This means everything from eating healthy to the Adventures of The Pop’rs Family. Oh, and I throw in some randomness every so often, to keep it interesting!
Kathleen: Where does your blog title come from?
Veggie: My BIL, Uncle Lynn, asked me to start the blog as a vehicle to get his new seasoning product, Pop’rs, better known. Pop’rs are a fun, healthy way to encourage folks to Eat Their Veggies! Among other things, of course.
Kathleen: When and why did you start your blog?
Veggie: I think I answered part of that with the last question. But I’ve always been interested in writing, and Uncle Lynn asked me what I thought of the proposition of doing a blog that was targeted at family issues. My first post, entitled
“Let’s Get Poppin’!” was published June 16, 2008. Eat Your Veggies! sort of evolved from there. After a few tentative posts, I think I found my niche in the Blogosphere. I really don’t know if there are a lot of “hybrid”-type blogs out there like mine. By that I mean that I try to focus on our family, but at the same time I’m trying to get Uncle Lynn and his product, Pop’rs, better known in the blogging community.
Kathleen: What would you like to add to your blog in the next year?
Veggie: I’m looking at redesigning it right now. You know, so I can incorporate more great info without all that cluttered, claustrophobic feeling. I’d love to do a regular interview feature with Uncle Lynn and some of the folks who have tried Pop’rs and really like them.
Kathleen: What are some of your favorite blogs?
Veggie: Oh, gosh, that’s a difficult question to answer! I have to say that Zander and Me, Fractured Toy, If Mom Says OK and Living and Loving Every Minute of It! really speak to me, on different levels. But I love all the bloggers I’ve met so far on this adventure, and hope to meet many more thoughtful people along the way.

Kathleen: What is one of your pet peeves about blogs or bloggers?
Veggie:
I really don’t get irritated, except just a tad at the Lurkers out there. If you’re going to go to the trouble of visiting a blog, why not leave at least a little “Hello” to let someone know you’ve been there? It's nice to know that someone’s been paying attention, I guess.
Kathleen: What advice would you have for any new bloggers?
Veggie:
I say speak from your heart, and you can’t go wrong. I think folks in the cyber community want to hear honest, from-the-heart dialogue. They love to hear family tales, or silly little stories about office interactions. You don’t have to be all serious all the time and pontificate about Great Things. Just be yourself! Get out there and make friends with other bloggers. These friendships create traffic and the traffic creates a buzz, and before you know it, you’ve taken off, and there’s no looking back!
Kathleen: What is something that people might not know about you?
Veggie: I’m left-handed, I can say the alphabet backwards, and I have a crush on Will Smith. Oh, and I detest lima beans. I don’t even know if Pop’rs could jazz those up enough for me!

10 comments:

Susie said...

Great interview:-)

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I'm glad you were featured, or I fear it would be even longer before I found your blog! Well maybe not ;) But I'm glad to be here. That parfait looks yummy!

Unknown said...

I love lima beans... i think I'm the only person in the whole wide world who does. And I have since I was a kid.

Sandi McBride said...

Hey, that was a great interview! I've been enjoying my pop'r's and sent one of them home with Arianna because "it made her broccoli taste better"...so mission accomplished!
hugs
Sandi

Marrdy said...

Ican't believe you have only been blogging since June. Seems like we've been bloggy friends forever!

Claremont First Ward said...

Great interview. I especially liked the little known tid bits part.

Kathleen W. said...

I'm glad you reposted this, and thanks for adding my fuzzy photo. The recipe is easy, just yogurt (I use Stonyfield Farms vanilla), a few thawed blueberries, a sprinkle of Pop'rs Strawberry and Raspberry, more yogurt, (you get the picture). I topped it off with a few bananas and more Pop'rs too. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

What a great interview....sorry I'm late making my rounds again!!! I'm always late....

Thanks for the shout out too..you're so sweet!!!

I don't think I could do the alphabet backwards.....nope...not even stone cold sober.

Corey~living and loving said...

who isn't crushing on Will Smith? LOL

Thanks for the shout out. My life has been so busy...and I'm exhausted. I read you blog....but sadly rarely have time to comment. sorry!

hugs!

Michelle said...

What a fun interview, I like it :) And I'm with you on three of your four items from the last question -- I'm not the Wil Smith fan!