Monday, February 16, 2009

You're Not Dreaming...Veggie Mom Puts on a Pretty Face

There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. ~Author Aldous Huxley

No, you're not dreaming...as Soccer Boy seems to be, in this sweet Aunt Julie snap! Veggie Mom has a new "look," and wants to give you a little peek into the thoughts behind her transformation.

Huxley, who wrote that odd classic, Brave New World, is only partially right. Yes, I try every day to improve...in my approach to life, to others, to myself. But look, Dear Readers, at what else I've had a hand in improving. Eat Your Veggies! enters a new era, with a new face.

I've shared my thoughts on blogging with you for about eight months now. I've made so many cyber-contacts, and I hold your friendships dear. But I've also coveted some of your looks...and learned that while it might not be easy to teach an old dog new tricks, it is possible to help her do an about-face.

It all started with a note from Susie, who runs Susie's Homemade. She and her talented husband, Jeff, are into blog redesign. I took them up on their offer, and I'm livin' large now!

A Great Big Thanks to Susie and Jeff, of course, for their patience and perseverance.

And thank you to others who contributed in both big ways and small to this blog redesign. To the Lovely Mannequin, and her Pop'rs Pals Frankie and Cupid, thanks for the photo that adorns the button on top of my left sidebar...if you click on these cute critters, you'll get a gander at my blogroll.

Thanks to Aunt Julie, who provides so many of the sweet snaps for this blog. I've inaugurated a special place for Julie Eliz in this new space...click on the button at the top of my right sidebar, and you'll get all of the yummy recipes from Aunt Julie's Kitchen.

If you click on The Pop'rs Family in the right sidebar, which features a silly snap of Shark Boy trying to skimboard at the beach (another Aunt Julie photo), you will find all of the sweet, silly, quirky tales of the family members who make this blog go 'round.

And, of course, thanks to Uncle Lynn. Without his inspiration and his fabulous Pop'rs, none of this would be possible! We have a special button for Mr. Pops over on the right...click there and you'll find posts that take you through Uncle Lynn's amazing Pop'rs Journey.

Yes, Veggie Mom is still a work in progress. I continue to post every day, and try to bring all of my friends something fresh, new, current, interesting. The Blogosphere is so vast, and I realize that I'm really lucky to be a part of it. Thanks for coming back every day...this redesign, really, is for you.

So, if you like Veggie Mom's transformation, please stop over to see Susie. She'll help you put on a pretty face, too!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The design looks terrific and is really fun! Great job!

Susie said...

Wow! Thanks for the shout out! I am so glad that you liked it! We had lot's of fun giving you a face lift:-)

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

Oh wow, did I say "wow"? I LOVE the new designs. Easy on the eyes but still drawing you in.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Ohhh.....nice. I really like the new look :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I really like the layout of this, with all the picture buttons and ease of use - nice!

Kally said...

I love the new design...especially the Packers green you have going on! :)

Kathleen W. said...

Your blog looks great! Congrats on the redesign. And I love that Frankie and Cupid have a home away from home at the top of your blog.

Melissa B. said...

And I just HAVE to say that I'm absolutely Blown Away by this new look! Kally's right...if you had gold in the center, this could be a Packers' Blog!

Michelle said...

Aww, so sweet of you to write it out all like this. I do love the new look!

Deanna said...

I LOVE, LOVE your new look! So YOU!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love it! This looks great!!!!

Tara R. said...

Ooohh... I like the new look.

Marrdy said...

Love it!