Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: Thank You, BATW!

I'm having a difficult day today. Debbie, the Hostess with the Most-ess, has decided that it's time to "park the plane for good." That quote comes from her Monday post, where she explains that Blog Around the World, affectionately known to fellow travelers as BATW, has been grounded.

Debbie's done BATW for six months now. She has a family, including two beautiful kids. She has "mommy duties," she explains, and many more interests that have gone wanting in the 180 days or so that she has been taking all of her Bloggy Friends on trips across the US and around the world.

It's been a really fun ride, Debbie. Thank you for your friendship, your camaraderie, and, most of all, for opening up our eyes to the Great Big World known as Cyberspace. Please go on over to say adieu...remember, we're not saying "goodbye," but rather, "until we meet again."

We know that all good things must come to an end, but BATW is the kind of experience that will stick in my cyber-conscience forever. I'll never forget getting my first e-mail from Debbie, asking me to explain The Badger State to her 700+ readers. I was nervous, excited, thrilled to be recognized. That post, Welcome to Wisconsin, was my first real Blast into the Blogosphere. The rest, as they say, is history. And I have Debbie to thank for that.

Today's my first time participating in Angie's Wordful Wednesday. I'm pretty sure the point is not to write so many words. But I can't help myself. Good travels, Debbie. And you know we'll keep in touch...'cause I'll be lurking over at your other home, This is the Life!

13 comments:

Simply AnonyMom said...

Angies Wordful Wednesday is to post MANY words. THer are not too many, ever. (ok, maybe but it would have to be really really long ;) )

Welcome to your first WordFUL Wednesday. Hopefully you will join us each week. There are many great blogs to be found there.

Unknown said...

i agree... i think the point of word FULL wednesday is LOTS of words - as many as you please!!!

Susie said...

I know...I am really sad to see her go:-(

joanofalltrades said...

Just visiting from SITS. I enjoyed the Poprs video.

Deanna said...

What a sweet tribute to a friend!

Lynda said...

Hate to end this ride myself... but it sure was fun!

Brenda said...

I am sad to see her go also. . .

Debbie said...

I think I'm gonna cry...Thank you so much for your kind words and for all your love and loyalty for the last six months. You have been such an encouragement to me along the way, and I know you have been there for every ride...I will be checking in on you!

Melissa B. said...

Debbie has been such a good friend on my blogging journey! I'm sad that BATW is coming to an end, but totally understand that Debbie has other fish to fry...and who knows? She may make a comeback-sure hope so!

Kally said...

I feel like such an Ostrich. I just learned of Debbie and BATW yesterday. There I go again...a day late and a dollar short.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Oh, that stinks! I'm with Kally - just really learned about it and now it's gone. I'm sure it was a tough call for her to make, but it must've been a lot of work.

BTW, I got my Pop'r package today! I'm so excited to make broccoli tomorrow, as it was too late today by the time it arrived. We did have some strawberry milk right away, and I wish I'd had the video camera for the look on his face and the loud, "Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!" Thank you again!

Michelle said...

Yep, I'm with ya. Debbie created such a neat thing, and I'm sad to see it go. But she does have her other blog... but don't lurk, be an active participant! :)

Claremont First Ward said...

Adieu, Debbie! I enjoyed every Blog around the world post I read. You did a wonderful thing.

And, Veggie mom, I'm so glad you played yesterday!