Sunday, January 25, 2009

Consider Yourself Warned

It's that time of year again. Watch Out.

We keep Girl Scout Cookies in the freezer, so we can have them all year long. Good for our tastebuds...not so good for our waistlines.

Two neighbor girls came calling yesterday, and of course Veggie Mom ordered reinforcements. Two boxes of Samoas and five boxes of Thin Mints, to be precise.

Back in the quietude of my kitchen, I got to thinking. Time for a mid-morning snack. A whole sleeve of Thin Mints later...

I'm not helping my case, am I? But I have started on my 4th book!

10 comments:

must not be blank said...

I love Samoas...I could easily eat a whole box by myself!
Uh...did I really say that out loud??

Anonymous said...

The little girl next door came over a few weeks ago with the order form! I ordered 7 boxes too....couple of samoas, thin mints, and the peanut butter cookies.

The embarassing thing, was that all the other neighbors only ordered 2 boxes!!!

Melissa B. said...

Are there still trans-fats in GS Cookies? They always seem to be last on the bandwagon of protecting our health, don't they? Especially since so many of us are just plain addicted! BTW, don't forget Sx3 today...we could use your singular sense of style!

Deanna said...

They are EVERYWHERE! I have threatened my husband within an inch of his life if he brings home a box. I have resorted to not even opening the door when I see those cute little faces knocking.

Mrs4444 said...

I can so relate to this, which is why I did not order ANY cookies this year. Instead, I just write a check! SO cool, that TV promo up there!!! :)

Susie said...

We got the call last night:-) When our Thin Mints and Peanutbutter Sandwich Cookies come, they are going right in the freezer:-)

Teri said...

I used to dread Girl Scout cookie time. Now I just totally embrace it. Yum.

Anonymous said...

OMG...that is so funny!

I have bought from 3 people so far at work!!! Mostly thin mints because they do freeze so well.

This reminds me....I need to get on the treadmill tonight! :(

I am Harriet said...

Ha.
That's great!
Thanks

Marrdy said...

I am trying to talk myself out of ordering this year. But the mere mention of Thin Mints....I am drooling!