Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cooking with Clara

Meet 93-year-old Clara Cannucciari (she's 91 in this video). Clara~who says she is 100% Sicilian-American~and her recipes are all the rage on YouTube now. She hosts Depression Cooking with Clara. The shorts are done by her grandson.

Via video, Clara explains countless tasty, inexpensive and good-for-you dishes, which her mom and grandmother used to make when she was growing up in Depression-era Chicago.

Clara also has a Web site and a blog. Tune in to Clara on YouTube for some yummy, money-saving meals!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

she cooks like my mother and grandmother. eek!!!! happy saturday to you!!! its warming up here and i am so excited!!!!!

Melissa B. said...

I saw this on the news the other nite...Clara is so cute!

Rhea said...

Depression cooking. Who knew that would be all the rage?! I'd do it.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

go CLARA go!

Marrdy said...

I hate peas but this does sound good. And how cute is that Clara?

Susie said...

We are in a depression so, we might as well cook like we are in one.

Michelle said...

Ahhhh... this actually looks pretty good. Although I'd have to use the frozen peas instead of canned. The texture of canned and I just don't get along. I think the wee ones may eat this though!

Mrs4444 said...

Hi, Veggie Mom :) I've seen stories about Clara, but my mom is a Depression baby, and is not a very good cook, so the thought of eating what was available back then isn't appealing to me, haha.

Anonymous said...

I love tips to save money while still doing healthy cooking! Thank you!

Tiffany said...

I just watched her videos yesterday! She's great. Have you made any of her recipes? I haven't yet, but I think I may try sometime.

sphinx63 said...

Wow, I can't even imagine people coming to your door and asking to rent your garage to make whiskey. The food didn't look too bad, actually!

theUngourmet said...

This got me a little teary eyed for some reason. She is great!

Tamara B. said...

May your neighbors respect you,
Troubles neglect you,
The angels protect you,
And Heaven accept you.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com