Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Is MySpace the Next "Booty Call"?

Caught the Ultimate Chick Flick with my youngest last night. The premise of He's Just Not That Into You makes me slightly ecstatic that I'm not dating anymore.

Ginnifer Goodwin and Justin Long are fanTAbulous in this flick. I even left the theater thinking Jennifer Anniston and Ben Affleck should be a "couple." And although I usually like Scarlett Johansson in the roles she chooses, I think I'm gonna have to rethink that~she's not a very sympathetic character in this movie.

A tad cheesy, heavy on the cotton candy, feel-good chick flick moments, but overall an entertaining couple of hours. Also some primo lines, which will probably be quoted for some time to come:

“A girl will never forget the first boy she ever likes.”

“He’s totally gonna call.”

“Maybe he lost my number or is out of town or got hit by a cab."

“MySpace is the new booty call.”

“I had this guy leave me a voice mail at work, so I called him at home, and then he e-mailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It’s exhausting.”

6 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

I haven't seen it yet...it has a lot of great actors in the movie though!

Melissa B. said...

It's such a cliche flick...but so much fun!

Susie said...

I love the last one. It sounds exhausting!

Mamarazzi said...

i had plans to go see this movie. i still think i might despite some bad reviews.

Marrdy said...

I love that last quote and completely agree with the first one. Your first love is always special! (if it was a good experiance anyway!)

Michelle said...

I really want to see that movie. I read part of the book once years ago when I was getting a pedicure. I hope it's a goodie!